With any surgical procedure, we understand how convenient it is to have a nearby hospital with an outstanding reputation. Your visit to our surgical department will feature:
- Highly trained employees who provide compassionate, high quality care for our patients
- Experienced surgeons from Springfield who travel to Taylorville to perform surgeries in our facility
- Cutting-edge technology including a state-of-the-art CT scanner and a high field strength MRI scanner
Your health is our top priority. We respect the privacy and the dignity of every patient we serve. We are dedicated to providing a safe, private and comfortable environment for both patients and personnel.
Our surgical department was recently recognized with the Hero for Zero Defects award from Memorial Health System for achieving zero surgical site infections during a two-year monitoring period.
Laparoscopic technology (visualization of internal organs with a telescope inserted through a small abdominal incision) is routinely used for diagnosis and treatment of disease. Laparoscopic techniques may be used to remove the gallbladder and for hernia repair. We also offer placement of infusaports for long term therapeutic treatments. A wide range of procedures for cancer of the colon, liver, breast and other anatomical sites are performed in conjunction with the care provided to patients who come to the hospital.
Anesthesia is used so that surgery and other medical procedures can be performed without unnecessary pain. The goal of the TMH Anesthesia Department is to provide safe anesthesia care for inpatients and outpatients of all ages, from newborn to the elderly. Anesthesia care is provided by a team of Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists and Anesthesiologists. The
anesthesia team administers general anesthesia, regional anesthesia, intravenous sedation, and PICC line insertions. Anesthesia services are provided in the surgery, emergency room and other departments throughout the hospital.
About Our Facility
To meet our patients' needs, the surgical suites offer a high emphasis on patient privacy. Highlights include:
- Spacious environment at 9,000 square feet
- 3 total operating rooms(ORs)
- 2 larger ORs used interchangeably to allow surgeons flexibility in meeting patients' needs
- Smaller OR designed for gastrointestinal (GI) procedures, though it can be used for other minor surgical procedures
- 2 private interview rooms
- 1 private consultation room for physicians, patients and their families
Prior to your scheduled surgery, we encourage TMH surgical patients to review our Surgery Preparation Guide, which provides important information about what you can expect before and after surgery.
Our goal is to provide you with excellent service and a great patient experience. We are dedicated to providing you with individual attention before, during and after your surgery to keep you as comfortable as possible. Please remember, if you have any questions, it’s OK to ask any TMH staff member.