Occupational therapy programs help you with the "skills for the job of living." Activities such as getting dressed, cooking, bathing and working can become difficult when an injury or illness interferes. The focus of occupational therapy is to identify a plan to facilitate safety and independence.
Occupational therapists help you recover by:
- Conducting an evaluation to identify your needs
- Developing a customized treatment program to maximize your function
- Providing training and education for adaptive equipment
- Fabricating custom splints
- Providing education to you and your family
At TMH, our occupational therapist has participated in training to work with:
- orthopedic issues with the upper extremities
- rehabilitation after a stroke
- adaptive equipment assessment in an outpatient setting
Our occupational therapist is also a Certified Hand Therapist who has had specialized training to work with hand and upper extremity injury and pain.
Items To Bring To Your Appointment
- Insurance card
- Photo ID
- List of medications you're currently taking
- List of allergies
- List of prior illnesses or surgeries that may relate to your conditions
- A completed consent form
- Comfortable, roomy clothes
- Goals you would like to achieve
For more information about occupational therapy services at TMH, please call 217-824-1843.