Taylorville Memorial Hospital Outpatient Nursing Services is a program that allows patients to have procedures and therapies whether one-time or ongoing as an outpatient. This is a cost-effective alternative for the patient, decreasing wait time for the therapy and can shorten inpatient hospital admissions.
Services that can be provided by TMH Outpatient Nursing Services include:
- Intravenous hydration
- Intravenous therapy such as antibiotics, iron infusion and IVIG
- Intravenous push medications
- Lab draw from implanted port
- Routine flush and maintenance of implanted ports, central lines and PICC lines
- Urinary catheterization or catheter change
- Dressing changes
- Intramuscular and subcutaneous injections
- Administration of blood and blood products
A written physician order with a diagnosis is required for any of these procedures. The provider’s office may contact TMH Outpatient Nursing Services to schedule the initial appointment.
Outpatient Nursing Services are available during scheduled hours. For referrals, please call 217-707-5473 or fax 217-707-5233.