Taylorville Memorial Hospital was established as St. Vincent Memorial Hospital in 1906 by the Adorers of the Blood of Christ, Ruma, Illinois province. The original building accommodated 20 patients when it opened its doors. As the community and its healthcare needs grew throughout the years, the hospital was expanded. The current facility was completed in 1954.
In 1985, a Home Health Services Department was established to serve the healthcare needs of patients after they are discharged from the hospital. Also during 1985, the second floor was converted into a Transitional (skilled) Care Unit.
The fall of 1995 marked the completion of a building and renovation project, creating a new rehabilitation services department, specialty physicians’ clinic and larger emergency department, as well as a new front entrance and lobby.
St. Vincent Memorial Hospital affiliated with Memorial Health System of Springfield in 1995 and was operated in co-sponsorship with the Adorers until 2007, when the Sisters transferred sole sponsorship to Memorial Health System. The hospital was renamed Taylorville Memorial Hospital at that time.
Taylorville Memorial Hospital was designated as a Critical Care Access Hospital in 2004.
Today, Taylorville Memorial Hospital is one of the largest employers in the county with over 340 employees and an annual payroll exceeding $14 million.
Taylorville Memorial Hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission and is licensed by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
Delivering on the trust that the Adorers of the Blood of Christ placed in us, our entire healthcare team stands ready to face the future with the spirit of commitment to deliver high quality, patient-centered care to our friends and neighbors.